Board Director – Position Description: Treasurer
A Board Director of non-profit Bounce Animal Rescue (Bounce) is a very important and visible position. You would commit to fulfilling the responsibilities of the role as outlined below. You would commit to leading Bounce in partnership with the community and staff and leave Bounce better than it was when assuming the position. You would commit to maintaining knowledge of Bounce and have a personal commitment to its Mission, Vision, Purpose, and Goals.
As a Board Director, you would commit to:
- Conduct Board business in accordance with the Bylaws of Bounce.
- Regularly attend Board meetings and other important events.
- Is an active participant in annual strategic planning efforts.
- Make a time commitment of at least 10 hours per week.
- Work in partnership with the Executive Director to accomplish the goals of Bounce.
- Be a connector to people, resources, and ideas.
- Volunteers for and willingly accepts assignments, completing them thoroughly and on time.
- Escalates issues to the Executive Director and Board Chair immediately.
- Works with Board and committee members to build working relationships that contribute to consensus.
Specifically, you would commit to:
- Handle the finances of Bounce as a fiduciary and with ethical oversight.
- Understand financial accounting for non-profit organizations.
- Serve as the financial officer of the organization and as chairperson of the financial committee, which includes the Executive Director.
- Manage, with the finance committee, the Board’s review of and action related to finances of the organization.
- Ensure that appropriate financial reports are made available to the Board on a timely basis such as monthly and annual reports for consensus and distribution.
- Maintain all financial accounts and online access of those accounts.
- Provide an annual budget for approval at the annual meeting in coordination with the finance committee.
- Perform annual audits and present to Board when applicable.
To be considered for this great opportunity, please provide a cover letter and resume, specific to the organization and position responsibilities, to the Bounce Nominating Committee at: Email Bounce Animal Rescue