The Operations Coordinator (OC) is responsible to assist in the day to day operations for Bounce Animal Rescue (BAR) with the direction of the Executive Director (ED). The OC role is to provide logistical support to and for BAR as assigned by the ED. OC activities are to assist in the creation of a positive experience for customers, ensure quality customer service, provide foster parent and adoption support, train volunteers, assist in various programs such as animal care and transport, and promote animals and the adoption program to the public and community.
The OC reports directly to the ED.
Essential and Primary Duties/Responsibilities include:
- Aid in the complete adoption process: applications, checklists, agreements, animal-to-animal meetings, screen potential adopters, compile and maintain accurate and up-to-date medical records, written correspondence, email, and phone calls.
- Help to find appropriate adopters through introductions to animals and information dissemination.
- Serve as first point of contact when applicable to answer inquiries from potential adopters through means including, but not limited to: email and text messages, voicemail, and responses to general inquiries.
- Assist in the arrangements of transport of rescue animals from high-kill shelters. Will be responsible for the actual transport of said rescue animals from out of state sources. Use email, text, and social media.
- Provide support to ensure animals are prepared for adoption at weekly events and accompanying paperwork is accurate, up-to-date, and available. Preparation includes scheduling appointments with veterinary hospitals for the spay and neuter of animals. Sometimes it may be necessary to transport these animals to and from the veterinary hospitals should volunteers not be available.
- Attend and provide management at BAR events.
- Be compliant with all PACFA regulations
Skills and Experience:
- 2 years previous experience with dogs required. Must be able to work with all breeds of dogs and dogs in all stages of health, including those with concerns/conditions as well as behavior conditions.
- Knowledgeable of breeds, care giving, and characteristics of animals. o Cats and other small animals may be necessary to handle and transport as well.
- Rescue and/or veterinarian experience required (professional and/or volunteer)
- 2 years customer service experience required.
- Strong leadership abilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. The ideal person for this job would be a team player, positive, personable, upbeat, energetic, takes initiative, and uses tact and diplomacy.
- Well-spoken on the phone and in writing.
- Possess a resourceful, roll up the sleeves attitude. Must have the initiative to resolve problems and seek answers independently and enthusiastically demonstrate flexibility to persist until goals are achieved.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Computer literate: Facebook/Instagram, Microsoft Office, Internet, Google docs, and email.
- Basic web development experience preferred.
Physical Job Requirements:
- Be able to perform a full range of movement including: stretching, bending, squatting, climbing, and lifting. o Must be able to lift 50 pounds or more.
- Valid driver’s license with access to transportation to travel on organization business.
- Ability to drive a van or other vehicle (non-CDL).
- Ability to effectively interact with and handle all animals in the BAR organization.
- Spend an extended period outdoors in all weather, including extreme heat and cold.
- Daily hours and days of the week may vary according to the needs of the scheduling of transports, vet visits and adoption events which may include weekends, night and holiday work.
- Live (or will live) in Northern Colorado (Johnstown and North)
- Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject line: Operations Coordinator – <your name>
- Include a cover letter and resume in separate PDF documents.
- Respond completely to the 3 questions from the “Bounce OC questions” PDF in the email body.
- Please add any monetary and benefit requirements, if any.
To be considered for this great opportunity, please download the questionnaire, provide a cover letter and resume, specific to the organization and position responsibilities, and email to the email@example.com.